"Preach the Gospel to all the world, and if necessary, use words." ~ St. Francis of Assisi

Sunday, March 30, 2014

"He is a friend of mine"

" 'The LORD shall fight for you, and ye shall hold your peace' And the LORD said unto Moses, 'Wherefore criest thou unto me? speak unto the children of Israel, that they go forward:' "  Exodus 14:14-15

I love how the Lord said "Hey, why are you talking to me? GO forward! I told you I shall fight, so be at peace and don't worry".  I have recently been praying about some things and then read this example of God's answer to the Israelites when they feared about the Egyptians destroying them. I asked the Lord for guidance and He ultimately repeated what He said to His people at the Red Sea. Take action, put to rest the fear, take hold of my promise and be filled with hope. To top it off, I had privilege of hearing these comforting words of reassurance to solidify the response of the Lord gave.
 
"Pardon for sin and a peace that endureth,
Thine own dear presence to cheer and to guide;
Strength for today and bright hope for tomorrow,
Blessings all mine, with ten thousand beside!

Great is Thy faithfulness!
Morning by morning new mercies I see;
All I have needed Thy hand hath provided—
    Great is Thy faithfulness, Lord, unto me!"


No comments: